Friday 28 December 2012

Lets be culture jammers.




My teacher Charles Tait at Teeside got me into thinking about this. Charles introduced me to Adbusters during a project we did in our first year and its good shit. 

"We are a global network of artists, writers, and cultural dissidents who have joined forces to change the world. We want to change the way information flows, the way corporations wield power and the way meaning is produced in society."

At the time, it seemed to me like some 'student-y' ideology , I want to take down Coca-Cola and save the rain forest crap, and...
it is, 
but its actually something the more I think about, the more I care about these things, its better than doing nothing either way. Plus I love to argue. 

Still haven't told you what a Culture jammer is and does exactly.



No comments: